Bear Lake CVB Job Openings
Position: Tourism Director
Location: Garden City, Utah
Opening Date: April 3, 2017
Closing Date: Until qualified individual is found
Salary: $15/hr + Benefits
Job Summary and Requirements:
The Director is responsible for the day to day activities supporting the Convention and Visitors Bureau which includes: financial oversight of the organization through grant writing and administration, development of an annual budget and creating additional revenue streams. The position is also responsible for promoting and marketing the Bear Lake Valley through various forms of media and management of employees at visitors’ centers. Other duties include but are not limited to: responding to tourism information requests, maintain existing website and serve on various tourism/economic development boards.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Office and management skills required.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Quickbooks.
- Must be highly motivated and organized to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The ability to interact and work with a diverse group of volunteers, business leaders and boards.
- The ability to effectively communicate ideas verbally and in writing.
- General knowledge of the Bear Lake area and recreational opportunities.
- Working knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- A background in tourism promotion and marketing is preferred.
- Grant experience is preferred.
- Limited travel will be required.
General Job Application Instructions:
- Download our Employment Application. (PDF requires Adobe Reader)
- Print out the application and sign it then mail or email it with copies of your resume or any relative documents to:
Bear Lake Convention and Visitors Bureau
69 N. Paradise Parkway, Bldg. A
PO Box 471
Garden City, UT 84028